that you are happy with the changes. This policy is effective from the 20th of November, 2019.
What information QCMI Collects
We collect both general non-personal information and specific personal information depending on your use of our website and services.
Like most websites operators, QCMI collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as browser type, language preference, referring site and the date and time of visits. QCMI also collects aggregate traffic data to our web services.
Personal Information-Registered Users
In order to use certain features of our website such as requesting a quote, users must provide their email address, and other identifying information about you or your company. We may also collect an address (city, state and Country) and specific product information which you upload to QCMI. QCMI will also store the username and password if one is created. QCMI also uses ‘cookies’ – small amounts of data stored on your computer.
What we do with the information we gather
QCMI requires the above information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Follow traffic flow to the site.
- QCMI may offer certain sites which allow a user to opt-in to receiving certain materials including newsletters, announcements of new features or functionality, and surveys
- Registered users may access certain features for purposes of quotes or ordering materials. QCMI uses may track use of the materials and progress through this feature.
- To improve our products and services
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers, announcements and other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- QCMI allows for users to upload files and documents for the purpose of obtaining quotes or as part of the manufacturing process. It is important to note that the uploaded files and documents as well as information, statements, data and content which you may submit to QCMI for purposes of obtaining a quote or for manufacturing will not be shared on the site to third parties and will be kept confidential as per the terms of any non-disclosure agreements entered into by QCMI with its customers.
What we do NOT do with the information we gather
QCMI wishes to protect your privacy, which is why we do NOT do the following:
- We will NOT provide email addresses or other information to third parties
- We do NOT release addresses to a third party
cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other Websites or Affiliates
QCMI website may contain links to other websites or affiliates. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and these sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Protection of Certain Information
QCMI discloses potentially proprietary, protected and private information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on behalf of QCMI, such as its contracted manufacturers, or to provide services at QCMI websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. QCMI will not rent or sell potentially private data or information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, QCMI discloses such data and private, rotected or potentially proprietary information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when QCMI believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of QCMI, third parties or the public at large. QCMI takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of such information
If QCMI, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event QCMI goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of QCMI may continue to use your information as set forth in this policy.