- Ensure all our manufacturing partners are ISO9001 certified at a minimum
- Produce samples for our customer’s approval before proceeding with a full production run
- Maintain an overseas staff of mechanical engineers, QC personnel, and project managers that go on-site in the production facilities to provide quality assurance at every stage of the fabrication process
- Perform a range of quality inspection procedures post-fabrication, including checking the tolerances, surface treatment, assembly, and packaging
- Include material certification and ISIR at a minimum with each shipment
Upon receiving an order, we contact the relevant manufacturers from our network to determine the best quote for our customer.
An Overview of Metal Fabrication
Metal fabrication refers to the cutting, bending, and assembling operations required to create a metal part or structure. This process can employ several different manufacturing techniques.
At QCMI, our full fabrication process includes sub/full assembly, heat-treating, welding, machining, surface finishing, and packaging. If required, we can perform full assembly of manufactured components into the final product with retail-ready packaging.
Fabrication services are used in a wide range of industries, including:
- Consumer goods and equipment
- Food service and equipment
- Heavy equipment
- Lawn care and equipment
- Medical Devices
Our Fabrication Capabilities
Our fabrication capabilities include the following:
- Fabrication Methods: Sub/full assembly, heat-treating, welding, machining, surface finishing, and packaging.
- Materials: Steel, stainless steel, galvanized steel, aluminized steel, aluminum, and brass.
- Quality Inspection: Checks for tolerance, surface treatment, assembly, and packaging. Material certification and ISIR are included in all shipments at a minimum. Testing processes include validation, durability, reliability, mechanical, chemical, physical, dimensional, component, application, and 3rd party inspection (if requested).
- Production Volume: Production volume is project dependent. Projects are reviewed and quoted based on the minimum shipment quantity.
Our production volume capabilities depend on the specific project. We review each project and provide a quote based on the minimum shipment quantity. Our production lead times are typically within 30 days, but may be extended slightly depending on available shipping times.
Working With QCMI
At QCMI, we take on fabrication jobs ranging from simple components to complex assemblies. Additionally, with our extensive network of overseas manufacturing partners, we can provide you with the best quality at the lowest price.
Some of the advantages of working us include:
- An overseas staff that is present on-site to ensure the final product meets the production specifications and schedule
- A wide range of post-fabrication quality inspection services
- A guarantee for on-time shipment of the final product
- Management of every aspect of the shipping process to the US, including insurance for delivery to your location and clearing US customs
Our overseas staff will select the ideal manufacturer for your project and then monitor the project for quality assurance from beginning to end. Our partners can handle a broad range of industry and quality standards, including:
- ISO 9001
- IATF 16949 (if required)
To learn more about fabrication capabilities or to partner with us on your next project, contact us or request a quote today.