We ensure the quality of our fastener products in several ways, such as:
- Before full production: We provide product samples for approval. Once you approve the sample, we guarantee the final product will either match or exceed its quality.
- During the previous and proceeding stage: We have overseas staff on-site in the production facilities to ensure your project adheres to both the production schedule and specifications.
- After production: We offer in-house and 3rd party quality inspection services to verify the standard of the product. Certificates confirming the quality of the raw materials used for production can be provided, as well as full inspection reports of the finished product.
- Always: We ensure that all of our manufacturing partners are ISO9001 certified at the minimum.
In addition to guaranteeing the delivery of a quality product, we also provide status updates throughout the project and manage the entire shipping process, including offering delivery insurance to your location and clearing US customs.
Our manufacturing partner network allows us to meet virtually all of our customers’ fastener requirements. Regardless of if you need small or large production volumes, we can fulfill your fastener needs.
An Overview of Fasteners
Fasteners are components that mechanically hold two materials together. They generally create non-permanent joints that can be removed without damaging or disassembling the original materials. Types of fasteners include:
As there are so many different types of fasteners available, manufacturers employ a range of fabrication techniques to produce them. At QCMI, we offer fasteners made from a wide range of metals with many different surface treatments. By using automated sorting technology, we achieve error rates as low as 20ppm.
Some of the industries which consume the most fasteners are:
- Automotive / Transportation
- Consumer Goods & Equipment
- Food Service
- General Industrial Equipment
- Heavy Equipment
- Lawn Care & Equipment
- Power Generation
- Valves and Fittings
Working With QCMI
At QCMI, we have over 30 years’ experience working with overseas manufacturers. With this experience, we can provide our clients with the best quality fasteners at a low price. If you require industry standard or custom fasteners, we will engage with our extensive network of partners to find you the optimal manufacturer.
Our Fastener Fabrication Capabilities
Our capabilities include the following:
- Materials: Stainless steel, carbon steel, alloy steel, brass, aluminum, and titanium.
- Surface Treatments: Zinc, phosphate, chromium, black oxide, nickel, silver, and multi-layer.
- Quality Inspection: Many of our partner manufacturers are capable of advanced inspection using in-house labs to check for tolerance, hardness, and surface treatment. 3rd part inspection can be performed if requested. In addition, we can also provide PPAP III, MSDS, and more.
- Production Volume: Production volume is project dependent. Projects are reviewed and quoted based on the minimum shipment quantity.
- Lead Time: Production lead times are usually within 60 days. Final lead times vary per project due to factors such as shipping.
- Standards: ISO 9001 certified partners, IATF 16949 (if required), ASTM, ANSI/ASME, and SAE AMS.
To learn more about fastener fabrication capabilities or to partner with us on your next project, contact us or request a quote today.